Sunday, December 4, 2011

2011 American Country Awards


On Monday, December 5, 2011 there will be the second annual American Country Awards at 8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT taped-delayed on FOX. This award show will be hosted by Trace Adkins and Kristin Chenoweth.

The awards are fan voted online before hand. The voting for all the awards except Artist of the Year closed on November 11. People were able to vote for Artist of the Year until December 2, only three days before the show. I love fan voted award shows because you get to see how your voting has effected the winners. For me, I get more nervous and excited when they are announcing the winners at a fan voted show because I had control over who I voted for, so I get more into the award show. I have been voting and I'm excited to see who wins what awards. The nominees for the big award of the night, Artist of the Year, are Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Taylor Swift, and Zac Brown Band.

This award show has many different award categories that award artists for their talent and hard work. Other awards that will be given out throughout the night are Artist of the Year: male, Artist of the Year: female, Artist of the Year: New Artist, Album of the Year, Music Video of the Year, Touring Headline Act of the Year, and many more. Here is a full list of the nominees for each award. Some artist that will be performing throughout the night are Blake Shelton, Pistol Annies, Thompson Square, Eli Young Band, the Band Perry, and more. Click here for more information about the 2011 ACAs. I love country music and I can't wait to see this. My favorite country artist is Taylor Swift, so I do hope for a big win for her, but I do love other country artist as well. I'm a fan of Scotty McCreery, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean, and many others as well, so I do hope they do well too. Overall, I think this will be a can't miss night for country music.

No comments:

Post a Comment