Monday, February 20, 2012

GRAMMYS!!

The 54th annual Grammy Awards happened on February 12, 2012. I as well as probably the rest of the Grammy watching population knew off the bat that Adele would take it all home and she did! Adele won all 6 categories she was nominated for including both  Record of the Year and Album of the Year. I think she deserves all 6 awards she got because I think she's such an amazing artist, writer, and singer. She performed at the Grammys and her live performance sounded just like a recording, that's how pure and true her voice is. Her performance was also a huge deal not only because she's Adele and many people think she's amazing but also because it was her first time performing since she had her vocal cord surgery. This night was huge for her because not only did she win 6 Grammys, but she also topped or equaled so many achievements like equaling Beyonce with earning the most Grammys for a female artist in one night. You can read about more of her achievements from that night here.
Adele's performance wasn't the only special performance of the night, Whitney Houston's tribute was highly waited for. Sadly, Whitney Houston died at 48 on February 11, 2012 the day before the Grammys. Although the news of her death was unexpected and everyone had been preparing for the Grammys for months and especially that week, they knew they had to honor Whitney for her great success. Jennifer Hudson had the honor of singing the tribute to Whitney Houston and say Whitney's song "I Will Always Love You". It was so beautiful and a picture of Whitney was shown in the background.
As always, I was excited for Taylor Swift's performance of Mean, which she also won two Grammys for that night too. She won Best Country Solo Performance and Best Country Song. Click here to see a video of her performance of Mean at the Grammys. My favorite part of her performance was when she changed a line in the original song to "Someday I'll be singing this at the Grammys" which was such a cute addition for the night. There were so many great moments and performances at the Grammys but I do have to mention the one downfall of the night, I thought, was Nicki Minaj's performance of her song "Roman Holiday". I had no idea what was going on and it honestly scared me. As much as I love Nicki Minaj, I just didn't understand her performance and I have no idea what she was thinking. As for the rest of the night, I thought it was great! The Grammys is one of my favorite nights for the music industry and I thought it past all my expectations. To all the winners and nominees, congrats on your acomplishments! Here's a full list of the catagories, their nominees, and their winners. 

No comments:

Post a Comment